We show how easy a conscious life can be. Go Green means that every step counts. With little changes, you can help the environment and easily implement green on the go
Go Green for more sustainability in everyday life. But where to start? “When everyone turns in front of their own door, the whole street is clean.” - This Chinese proverb sums up what is most important in the sustainability movement. Our decisions in everyday life and in many areas of life
These simple tips will change your everyday life and and show how easily a contribution to the improvement of our environment can be made by simple green on the go tricks. The entire changeover, however, is a long process. The recommendation is thus not to do too much at once.
Green on the go: 20 simple tips for sustainability in everyday life
- Use a toothbrush made of wood instead of plastic. Bamboo toothbrushes are now available in every drugstore.
- If you want to go one step further, you can even use tooth powder instead of toothpaste.
- Decide on a sustainable aluminum-free deodorant, e.g. from Weleda.
- Invest in a reusable water bottle made of stainless steel for traveling or the office.
- Choose organic fruits and vegetables from organic farming and you can also put on seasonal products that do not have to be flown in.
- Key: Prefer Unpackaged foodEven in supermarkets and at the bakery, there are now reusable fruit and vegetable nets and jute bags. Holistic zero waste can be implemented by visiting the unpacked shop.
- Try to save energy. Install energy-saving lamps in your home and switch to an environmentally friendly energy supplier. Naturstrom, for example, is a popular provider, regardless of the large corporations.
- Help to reduce food waste.For example, with the Too-Good-to-Go app, you can find nearby stores that offer flawless unsold products at a lower cost. Above all, fruits and vegetables come in all shapes and colors that do not always have to look perfect to taste.
Always take a shopping bag with you. It's probably the easiest hack for more sustainability in everyday life.
- Do your research before you visit a restaurant and make sure that the food is homemade and organic. Even for vegetarians and vegans, there are numerous delicious offers now. Here are the best regional gourmet restaurants in Germany.
- Try the principle of minimalism and green living. Choose natural products and pay attention to pollutants, especially with colors and wallpapers.
- Current fashion trends let sustainability revive. Invest in a Second hand or vintage piece. Rent luxury clothes if you know that you will probably only wear the piece once.
- When you buy new products, you always invest in sustainable and ethical clothing. Sustainable sneakers or sustainable jeans. Celebrities like Meghan Markle lead the path in this movement.
- Choose sustainable accessoriessuch as the designer Annoushka.
- Take the train instead of the plane and stay at sustainable hotels.
- Take the bike or walkin order to reduce CO2 emissions and support your health. In big cities, it is even entirely possible to forego the use of a car and use car sharing instead.
- Use sustainable cosmetics, which abstain from animal testing and don't contain pollutants. Even with shampoos and shower gels, sustainable products without microplastic should be chosen. Sometimes, it is even a good idea to just go for the ordinary bar of soap.
- Switch to reusable cotton pads, towels, and sponges. Natural sponges from the sea also offer a wellness effect and are available everywhere.
- Sort your garbage and compost your biodegradable waste. Plastic should always be recycled .
- Beeswax film instead of cling film and storage cans made from pressed wheat straw, stainless steel or wicker baskets are suitable for storing food, for example.
Step by step to a conscious lifestyle
We recommend to start with things that seem easy to you as you should pull through. It's all about step by step to more sustainability in everyday life. That means slow changes for a conscious life. Even if one does not always endure, it is important to sensitize the own consciousness in the long term.