We show how easy a conscious life can be. Go Green means every step counts. Help with small changes to the environment and sensitize yourself in the long term
Go Green for more sustainability in everyday life. But where do you start? “If everyone sweeps in front of their own door, the whole street is clean.” - This Chinese proverb sums up what matters most in the sustainability movement. Our decisions in Everyday life and in many areas of life
We show with which simple tips everyday life can simply be changed and a contribution to the improvement of our environment can be made. The changeover is a long process, the recommendation is not to do too much at once.
Green on the go: 20 simple tips for sustainability in everyday life
- Use a toothbrush made of wood instead of plastic. Bamboo toothbrushes are now available in every drugstore.
- If you want to go one step further, you can even use tooth powder instead of toothpaste.
- Decide on one sustainable, aluminum-free deodorant, e.g. from Weleda.
- Invest in a reusable water bottle made of stainless steel for traveling or the office.
- Choose organic fruits and vegetables from organic cultivation and you can also rely on seasonal products that do not have to be flown in.
- Preferably buy groceries unwrapped. of course on that Market, but even in the supermarket and at the bakery there are now reusable fruit and vegetable nets and jute bags. For whole zero waste can be implemented by visiting the unpacked shop.
- Try to save energy. Bring Energy saving lamps in your house and switch to one environmentally friendly energy supplier. Naturstrom, for example, is a popular provider, regardless of the large corporations.
- Help to Food waste to reduce. For example, with the Too-Good-to-Go app, you can now find stores nearby that offer flawless, unsold products at lower prices. Above all, fruits and vegetables come in all shapes and colors that don't always have to look perfect to taste.
- Always take a shopping bag with you. It's probably the easiest hack for more sustainability in everyday life.
- Make yours Do some research before choosing a restaurant and make sure the food is homemade and organic. There are also numerous delicious offers for vegetarians and vegans. Here are the best regional gourmet restaurants in Germany.
- Try the principle of minimalism and green living. Choose natural products and watch out for pollutants, especially when colors and wallpapers.
- Market fashion trends revive sustainability. Invest in a second-hand or vintage piece. Rent luxury clothes that you know will only be worn once.
- When you buy new products, you always invest in sustainable and ethical clothing. Sustainable sneakers or sustainable jeans. Celebrities like Meghan Markle lead the path in this movement.
- Choose sustainable accessoriessuch as the designer Annoushka.
- Go for the Zug, instead of the plane and stay at sustainable hotels.
- Ride or walk more often by bikein order to reduce CO2 emissions and support your health. In big cities, it is even entirely possible to forego the use of a car and use car sharing instead.
- Use sustainable cosmetics, which does not use animal testing and does not contain any harmful substances. Sustainable products without microplastics should also be chosen for shampoos and shower gels, or the bar soap should be tried out.
- Switch to reusable cotton pads, towels and sponges. Natural sponges from the sea also offer the wellness effect and are available everywhere.
- Sort your trash and compost Your biodegradable waste. Plastic should always recycled .
- For the storage of food, for example Beeswax film instead of cling film and storage jars made of pressed wheat straw, stainless steel or wicker baskets.
Step by step to a conscious lifestyle
We recommend only doing what is easy for you and what you can persevere. Step by step towards more sustainability in everyday life. That means slowly switching to a conscious life. Even if you don't always keep it up because of a lack of time or the possibilities simply not to let it go, it is important to sensitize your own awareness in the long term.